Who will say no to chicken wings cooked perfectly on the grill? They will surely make your day regardless if you pair them with your favorite sides or eat them as is. If you want to master the art of grilling chicken wings in your La Caja China, read on and get these helpful tips we compiled just for you!
1. When buying your chicken wings, make sure that they are of the same size. This will ensure that all of them are cooked at the same time and at the same speed. Having same-sized wings will avoid undercooking or overcooking. Remember, the larger the meat, the longer it takes for it to get cooked.
2. Going for boneless wings also has its benefits. They’re easier to marinade; easier to eat and they also require a shorter cooking time.
3. There’s no need to worry if you’re not great at cutting chicken wings because you can buy them already cut up. If you want to do the cutting on your own, simply hold the wing upright, making sure that the joint rests on the cutting board. Spread the chicken out a little and then carefully slice just between the bones. Be very gentle so you won’t splinter the bones.
4. Keep a medium flame when grilling your chicken. You surely don’t want to start flare-ups or burn your juicy chicken to bits. To be sure that you’ll save your wings in case of flare-ups, create a cooling zone in your grill. Don’t spread the charcoals all over the grid. Instead, keep one side of your La Caja China free from coals.
5. Don’t flip your wings frequently. Just leave it on one side for about 3 to 5 minutes depending on its size. You might want to get the recommended chicken grilling times from the internet just to be sure.
6. If you’ll use a sweet sauce, brush it on your wings when it’s about done. Sweet sauces burn easily and once they do, they’ll give your meat a bitter taste.
7. Aside from the use of a thermometer, you’ll know that your chicken is done by cutting it open and finding out that its inside is no longer pink.
We hope that you found these tips on how barbecue chicken wings quite helpful. Also check out our blog posts that feature chicken drumstick recipes, a step-by-step guide on how to roast chicken breast or our delicious chicken salad recipe. And remember, to serve the tastiest grilled dishes, only use the best barbecue grill in town! Call us at 1-800-338-1323 or visit our website to get your La Caja China now!
Learn how to grill boneless chicken breasts. Watch this video now.