Our La Caja China model #3 may be small but it will truly surprise you! Even if it’s not as big as its brothers, it is still a great barbecue partner. The only limitation that you’ll experience is the fact that it cannot roast bigger food items like whole pigs weighing more than 20 lbs or more chunks of meat. But if you’ll ask us about its durability and grilling efficiency, we’d still give it two thumbs up! So anyway, if you are looking for a recipe that you can cook in the famous La Cajita China, here’s our suggestion!! Melt-In-Your-Mouth Pork Ribs from Food.com! Yummmm!
* ¾ cup light brown sugar
* 1 tablespoon garlic powder
* 1 tablespoon paprika
* 1 teaspoon hickory smoke salt
* 1 teaspoon ground red pepper
* 2 cups barbecue sauce
* 4 pounds pork ribs
1. Remove the membrane from the bony side of the pork ribs.
2. In a bowl, mix together the sugar, paprika, smoke salt, garlic powder and red pepper. Stir the ingredients to evenly distribute them.
3. Apply the rub on your meat. Make sure that all sides are covered.
4. Place your pork ribs on the rack with its fatty side down. Put it in the roasting box. Then, cover the box with the ash pan.
4. Prepare your La Caja China model #3. Add 5 pounds of charcoal and light them up. After about 20 to 25 minutes, they should all be ready. Spread them evenly on the tray.
5. Take note of this as your grilling start time. After 1 hour, flip the meat and then insert the probe of your wired thermometer in the center of the ribs.
6. Place the ash pan again and then add 4 pounds of charcoal.
7. Continue adding 4 pounds of charcoal every hour until the thermometer displays 160 degrees Fahrenheit (for medium) or 170 degrees Fahrenheit (for well-done).
8. Once cooked, remove the ribs from the La Caja China and transfer to a platter. Let it sit for another 10 minutes then sever with your choice of barbecue sauce.
We hope that you’ll love this perfect for the best small grill of La Caja China. Feel free to browse our website for more information on our small barbecue grills; get pork grilling tips or tips grilling baby back ribs and more! And remember, to serve the tastiest grilled dishes, only use the best barbecue grill in town! Visit our website or call us at 1-800-338-1323 to place your order now!
Learn about the history of La Caja China pig roasters! Watch this video below!