Baby back ribs are among the most popular cuts of meat that you can barbecue. We love them when they’re sweet. We love them when they’re spicy. We love them when we’re watching SuperBowl or enjoying a holiday with our loved ones and friends. We love them when they fall off the bones. They are simply delicious. But do you want to know the best way to cook baby back ribs in your La Caja China? Let us share this recipe with you.
* 4 pounds baby back pork ribs
* 1 1/3 cups of your favorite barbecue sauce
* 1 1/3 tablespoons paprika
* 1 1/3 tablespoons chili powder
* 1 1/3 tablespoons cumin, ground
* salt and pepper
1. Prepare your baby back ribs. Make sure that you’ll remove the thin membrane that covers one of its sides. Use a sharp knife for this task so that you won’t ruin the meat.
2. In a small jar, combine your spices: salt and pepper (to taste), paprika, chili powder and cumin. To evenly distribute the ingredients of the rub, put the lid on the jar and shake it.
3. Sprinkle the rub on the ribs, ensuring that no spot is left flavorless. This time, there’s no need to massage the rub on the meat.
4. Set up your La Caja China. As usual, put the drip tray into place. Also set up the ash pan and the charcoal grid. Scatter the charcoals on the grid and light them all up. Wait for them to turn bright orange then scatter them all over the grid. Don’t forget to leave a cool area.
5. Place the ribs on the grill and cover the lid. Take note of this as the start of your cooking time.
6. After an hour, you have to open the lid and add 9 pounds of charcoal. Connect your wired thermometer as well so you’ll avoid burning or undercooking the meat.
7. After another hour, you’ll no longer have to add charcoal on the grid. Instead, brush one side of the ribs with your favorite barbecue sauce. Let them cook for another five minutes.
8. When the time is up, turn the ribs on the other side and brush them with sauce again. You can repeat this step twice or thrice until the meat reaches your desired doneness.
9. 30 minutes before you’re done grilling, move the ribs over to the cooler side of the grill. Brush them again with your favorite barbecue sauce.
10. When the thermometer displays the right temperature, remove the ribs from the grill and transfer them to a plate. Let them sit for another 10 minutes to let the juices flow back into the meat. You may cut them into individual bones or serve the whole rack.
We hope that you loved our blog that featured best way to cook baby back ribs. Also read our articles that feature tips on grilling back back ribs or baby back ribs cooking tips. We also have a smoked ribs recipe you might love and a sample grilled baby back ribs menu for your backyard party. Remember, to ensure that you’ll serve the most mouth-watering grilled dishes, only use the best barbecue grill in town! Call La Caja China at 1-800-338-1323 or order one from our website.
Are you a first-time La Caja China user? Watch our video to learn awesome time-saving tips!