Celebrity chef Bobby Flay is known for his appetizing dishes regardless if they’re served for breakfast, lunch or dinner. If you’re an avid fan of his cooking, then you surely have seen his barbecue episode featuring the versatility of our La Caja China roasting box. And while he used it to cook a delicious whole pig roast, you should know that you can cook almost anything in our magic box. Check it out on our website if you still haven’t watched it and browse our delicious recipes if you must. Anyway, we want to share this unique pork roast recipe by Bobby Flay as published on the Food Network. It features a Caribbean influence but also adds a Mexican / Jamaican twist. Truly something different to add in your barbecue menu this weekend!
For The Pork & Marinade
* 2 pounds pork tenderloin, fat trimmed
* Kosher salt to taste
* 2 tablespoons canola oil
* 6 cloves garlic, chopped
* 2 Scotch bonnet chiles, chopped
* ¼ teaspoon black pepper, coarsely ground
* 1 teaspoon Spanish paprika
* 1 teaspoon ground star anise
* 1 tablespoon lime juice, fresh
* 1 tablespoon mild curry powder
* 3 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
* 1 can coconut milk, unsweetened
For The Sauce
* ¼ Scotch bonnet chile, chopped
* 2 cloves garlic, chopped
* ½ teaspoon kosher salt
* 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
* ¾ cup lime juice, fresh
* ¼ cup green onion, sliced
* ½ cup parsley leaves
* 1 cup cilantro leaves
1. To marinate the pork, simply combine the coconut milk, curry, ginger, star anise, Spanish paprika, lime juice, Scotch bonnets pepper and garlic in a large bowl.
2. Put the pork tenderloin into the bowl as well and turn it to coat the meat. Put the lid on if the bowl has one or cover it with plastic wrap. Place it in the fridge for at least two hours. Only take it out 30 minutes before grill time or as you are preparing your La Caja China. Pat the meat dry with paper towels.
3. Prep your roasting box. It usually takes 25 minutes for the charcoals to all shine a bright orange color.
4. Now brush the pork tenderloin with your canola oil. Sprinkle it with Kosher salt. Once you’re done, put it on the grill and cook for approximately 8 minutes or until the thermometer reads 150 degrees Fahrenheit.
5. Move the pork to the cooler side of your grill and leave it there for another 12 minutes. When the time has passed, transfer it to a plate and let it cool down for 10 minutes more. Slice the pork into a quarter of an inch thick.
6. Now make the sauce. Combine the bonnet chiles, garlic, kosher salt, olive oil, lime juice, green onion, parsley and cilantro in a food processor or blender. Process it until the mixture is smooth. Add some honey as you prefer and a little water if the sauce is too thick.
7. Pour some green sauce on your sliced pork roast and serve with your favorite side dishes!
We hope that you’ll love this Bobby Flay pork roast recipe. Also check out our adobo seasoning and mojo criollo sauce if you still want that Cuban twist. Just remember to cook your grilled dishes using the best barbecue grill in town regardless if it’s a ribeye roast, boneless lamb roast or even a whole pig roast! La Caja China will absolutely help you serve the most mouth-watering barbecues anytime, anywhere! Call us now or visit our website to order your roasting box!
Watch this video as our very own Roberto Guerra shares a brief history of the La Caja China! Learn all about the amazing things it can do!