Let’s see. You’ve tried American-style and Cuban-style grilling in your La Caja China. Our question now is, have you tried grilling Chinese-style in it? If you haven’t, you must try this Char Siu recipe that we’re sharing with all of you today. Char Siu means fork-roast in English and is a delicious barbecued pork dish in the ever-so-popular Cantonese cuisine. It’s a dish made from boneless pork strips that are marinated in honey, ketchup, soy sauce and other ingredients which make it sweet and totally delish. Here’s a recipe we tweaked from AllRecipes.com!
* 2 pork tenderloins
* ¼ cup Chinese rice wine
* ½ cup of soy sauce
* 1/3 cup of ketchup
* 1/3 cup of honey
* 1/3 cup of brown sugar
* 2 tablespoons of hoisin sauce
* 2 tablespoons of red food coloring
1. Cut your pork loins into strips that measure about 1.5 to 2 inches in length. Put them inside a large re-sealable plastic bag.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine the Chinese rice wine, soy sauce, ketchup, honey, brown sugar, hoisin sauce and red food coloring. Mix the ingredients thoroughly and then transfer the mixture in a saucepan. Heat it over medium-low fire and let it cook for about 2 to 3 minutes. Make sure that you’ll continuously stir the sauce while cooking. When it has simmered, pour it into the bag with the pork strips. Remove the air from the plastic bag; seal it and then turn it several times to completely coat the meat.
3. Put the plastic bag inside the refrigerator and let it stay there for at least two hours. For best results, let the meat stay soaked in the sauce overnight.
4. When you’re ready to grill, prepare your La Caja China. Let the coals all fire up.
5. Remove the pork strips from the marinade and set the sauce aside.
6. Now place the pork strips on the preheated grill. Let them cook for about 20 minutes. Don’t forget to turn the pork strips regularly until they’re grilled to your desired doneness.
7. Once the Char Siu is cooked, put them on top of rice and serve!
We hope that you’ll love this recipe you can cook on in your Chinese bbq grill. Visit our blog page to get tips on how do you roast a pig, how do you cook a pig, grilling baby back ribs and hosting outdoor BBQ parties. You’ll even get pig roasting menus that you can use as a reference. And remember, to serve the tastiest grilled dishes, only use the best barbecue grill in town! Visit our website or call us at 1-800-338-1323 to get your La Caja China now!
Learn the secret to getting extra crispy skin on your pig roast! Watch our video to get awesome tips.