How do you cook clams? Some people prefer clambake, a dish that’s prepared by steaming clams together with other seafood such as lobsters and crabs. Some also love eating them raw. But if you’re the squeamish type and don’t want to consume the slimy shell food uncooked, you can just grill them. After all, grilling is actually less time-consuming and also adds a smoky twist to clams. Just make sure that you clean the clams well before putting them on the grill. Follow this recipe we found from Food Network. We just tweaked it a little to suit your La Caja China cooking!
* 24 littleneck clams, scrubbed clean
* 2.5 tablespoons butter, melted
* ¼ teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
* ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
*1/4 cup pine nuts, coarse and toasted
* ½ cup basil leaves, fresh and chopped
* 6 tomatoes, sun-dried and halved in oil, drained and chopped
* 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
* 3 tablespoons olive oil
* 2 cloves of garlic, minced
* 1.5 cups bread crumbs, toasted
1. Prep your La Caja China and fire up the charcoals.
2. While waiting, get a big serving bowl and combine the ground black pepper, kosher salt, toasted coarse pine nuts, chopped basil leaves, tomatoes, fresh lemon juice, olive oil, minced garlic and the bread crumbs. Set the mixture aside.
3. Once your La Caja China grill is hot, place your clams one by one, creating a single layer on the grill. Let the warmth of the charcoals open the shells. This process will take about 5 minutes.
4. When the clams have popped open, remove them from the grill and carefully transfer in the bowl where you mixed the ingredients together. Toss them to evenly distribute the sauce.
5. Serve the clams hot and don’t forget to drizzle with melted butter for a savory, salty finish.
This grilled clams recipe is quite easy to follow, isn’t it? Also check out other recipes in our site such as the popular clambake, smoked salmon and also don’t forget to browse our grilled seafood menu, too! And to make sure that you’ll cook your dishes perfectly, don’t forget to use the best barbecue grill in town! Get your La Caja China from our website or call us at 1-800-338-1323!
Learn valuable time-saving tips for your La Caja China! Watch our video now.