The cod is a hefty marine fish that features a mild flavor and a meat protein that’s versatile for cooking. There are several varieties of this fish namely the Alaskan Pollock, Rock Cod or also known as the Pacific Snapper, the Buffalo Cod, Black Cod or also known as the Butterfish, the Pacific Cod and the Atlantic Cod or also known as the Whitefish. And though these seven types may vary in terms of their texture and physical features, they are all equally delicious to cook. Some love their cod fish pan fried, seared, baked or poached. But of course, for us here in La Caja China, we love it grilled to perfection! Here’s a tasty recipe you should try on your next cookout!
* 3 cod fillets weighing about 8 ounces and cut in half
* 3 tablespoons green onion, chopped (white part only)
* 1 ½ fresh lemon, juiced
* 3 tablespoons butter
* ¼ teaspoon black pepper, ground
* ¼ teaspoon salt
* ¾ teaspoon lemon pepper
* 1 tablespoon and another 1 ½ teaspoons Cajun seasoning
1. Since fish is pretty fast and easy to grill, you can cook it with other types of meat to save on charcoal. If you’re grilling it alone, start by preparing your La Caja China. Put the charcoals on the grid and light them up. After about 25 minutes, they should all shine a bright orange. Leave the coals lit up for 10 more minutes for them to burn a thin layer of ash.
2. While waiting for your charcoals, lay down your cod fish fillets on a plate and season them with Cajun, black pepper and salt. Set the fillets aside for the time being.
3. Now get a saucepan and set your stove on medium heat. Melt the butter in it then add in the green onion and lemon juice. Let the ingredients cook for about three minutes until the onions have softened.
4. When the coals already have a thin layer of ash on them, put your cod fish fillets on the grill. Cook them for about three minutes on each side, until they’re brown. Baste them with the lemon juice, butter and onion mixture while grilling.
5. Once cooked, let the fish cool down for five minutes before serving them.
We hope that you’ll love this grilled cod fish we shared today. If you want more, also check out our blog posts that feature grilled fish steaks, grilled fish recipe using snapper fillets or our smoked salmon recipe. And remember, to serve the tastiest barbecues dishes, only use the best barbecue grill in town! Visit our website or call us at 1-800-338-1323 to get your La Caja China now.
Learn how to check the doneness of your fish on the grill! Watch this video now.