Some people only cook lamb on special occasions because it costs more than the common beef or pork. There are also those who are intimidated by this meat because they say it’s relatively harder to cook. But if you have a La Caja China, you’ll realize that it’s pretty easy and quick to prep, grill and serve. In fact, there’s no need to celebrate a birthday or host an elegant feast to enjoy the lamb’s juicy, tender goodness. You can serve it on regular evenings with your loved ones, too! With all these said, we want to share with you a grilled lamb chops recipe that your family and friends will surely enjoy. Check this out!
* 6 lamb chops, measuring about ¾ of an inch thick
* 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
* coarse sea salt to taste
* a pinch of cayenne pepper
* 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
* 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary leaves
* 2 large garlic cloves, crushed
1. Get your ever reliable food processor and put your rosemary, thyme, garlic, salt and cayenne pepper in it. Pulse the ingredients until they’re all mixed up.
2. Pour some olive oil in the mixture and pulse once again to turn it into paste.
3. Put your thawed lamb chops in a container and rub them with the paste that you just made. Make sure that there won’t be any spot left unflavored.
4. Put the container inside the fridge and leave it there for about an hour. This will ensure that the meat will turn out flavorful and delicious.
5. After an hour, remove the meat from the fridge and let it stay in room temperature for 20 minutes to thaw. While waiting for the lamb chops, prepare your La Caja China.
6. Put your ash pan and charcoal grid in place. Place your charcoals on the grid and light them up. After 20 to 25 minutes, they will all be lit up, just in time for your lamb chops to totally thaw.
7. Place the chops on the grill and cook for about 5 minutes on each side. When the temperature of the meat reaches 140 degrees Fahrenheit, remove them from the grill and let them cool down first. Serve with your choice of side dishes!
We hope that you’ll enjoy this grilled lamb chops recipe we shared today. Also check out our boneless lamb roast and roast leg of lamb recipes as alternatives. If you want pork or beef, we suggest cooking our pork chops recipe or grilled beef tenderloin. And remember, to serve the tastiest BBQ dishes, only use the best barbecue grill in town! Visit our website or call us now at 1-800-338-1323 to get your own La Caja China!
Learn time-saving tips for your roasting box! Watch our video now.