Barbecue masters often mention the analogy, “Prime rib is to beef. Rack of lamb is to lamb.” Indeed, prime rib is the best cut of beef that you should cook on the grill. A rack of lamb is its equivalent. Now we know that lamb is not so cheap and that may be one of the reasons why we rarely buy and cook this delicious red meat. But why not treat yourself this weekend? You should once in a while relax and enjoy a mouth-watering plate of lamb roast served with your favorite side dish and beverage. As they say, “Life is short. Enjoy it.” Here’s a grilled rack of lamb recipe from Epicurious you should definitely try cooking in your La Caja China!
* 2 racks of lamb, bones Frenched
*1/2 teaspoon saffron threads, crumbled finely
* 1 teaspoon lemon zest, finely grated
* 2 tablespoons olive oil
* 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
* 2 garlic cloves, crushed
* Kosher salt
* freshly ground black pepper
1. Season your racks of lamb with freshly ground black pepper and Kosher salt. When you’re done, place the racks separately in two, large re-sealable bags.
2. In a bowl, combine your saffron threads, lemon zest, olive oil, Greek yogurt and crushed garlic cloves.
3. Divide the mixture into two and pour it into each of the bags with the lamb. Seal the plastic bags and make sure that there’s no air inside. Turn the bags to coat the racks of lamb evenly. Put them inside the fridge and leave them there overnight to infuse the flavors of the marinade into the meat.
4. It’s time for barbecue! Set up your La Caja China and pour the coals on the grid. Make sure that you’ll leave one side of the grill as the cooling area. Light up the coals and wait for them to shine a bright orange.
5. When the charcoals are ready, put your racks of lamb on the grill. Timer starts now. Cook one side of the lambs for four minutes then flip them over. Cook for another four minutes until they turn brown.
6. After 8 to 10 minutes of grilling, move the racks of lamb to the cooler side of the grill. Attach your wired thermometer and let the meat cook for another 15 minutes or until they have reached your desired doneness. For medium rare, the thermometer should display 125 degrees Fahrenheit.
7. Once the lamb has reached your preferred doneness, remove them from the grill and leave them to rest for another 10 minutes. Cut the racks into individual chops and serve with your favorite side dish.
We hope that you’ll love this simple grilled rack of lamb. Also check out other delicious recipes like the famous lamb roast, boneless lamb roast, roast leg of lamb or grilled lamb chops. And remember, to serve the tastiest grilled dishes, only use the best barbecue grill in town! Get a La Caja China now through our website or by calling us at
Discover the best accessories and spices for your La Caja China! Watch our video now.