Yes, La Caja China roasters can cook large pigs in record time. But they can also make delicious, tender ribs without all the guesswork.
The Model #1 Box and the Model #2 Box will both cook your ribs to perfection! Follow these easy steps for unforgettable, mouth-watering ribs!
Prepare the Roaster
1. Gather your materials and ingredients.
2. Make sure the pig roaster is clean and free of ash.
3. Place your ribs on the roasting rack, bone-side up.
4. Put the rack with the ribs in place inside the La Caja China Box.
1. For Model #1, add 16 lbs. of charcoal.
2. For Model #2, add 18 lbs. of charcoal.
3. Light the charcoal on the top of the charcoal grid.
1. The charcoal should be lit in approximately 20-25 minutes. Once it’s lit, spread the charcoal evenly over the grid. 2. Begin your cooking time now.
3. After 1 hour:
*Open the La Caja China and flip the ribs over.
*Close the box and add 9 lbs. of charcoal.
*If cooking large ribs, connect the wired thermometer probe in the meat.
4. Do not add more charcoal.
5. Continue cooking the ribs until the desired temperature is reached. For fresh pork:
*Medium = 160 degrees
*Well Done = 170 degrees
6. Do not open the roasting box until the desired temperature is reached!