We’re sure that you’ve all used the mojo criollo sauce for your pig roasts. But you know? Mojo criollo is a versatile sauce! It’s perfect for red meat, white meat and fish, too! So now the question is, have you tried it on other types of food? On chicken, perhaps? If you still haven’t, it’s time that you do. Here’s a grilled chicken recipe you might want to try this weekend!
* 7 pieces chicken breasts with bone and skin
* 3 tablespoons garlic powder
* 1 tablespoon oregano
* 1 tablespoon bay leaves
* 1 teaspoon cumin
* 1 garlic bulb
* 4 teaspoons salt
* 4 ounces water
* 2 ounces lemon juice
* 4 ounces pineapple juice
* 6 ounces orange juice
1. In a mixing bowl, combine all the marinade ingredients: oregano, bay leaves, cumin, garlic bulb, salt, water, lemon juice, pineapple juice and orange juice. Stir the mixture thoroughly to distribute the flavors of the ingredients.
2. Now put the chicken breasts in a freezer bag or a Ziploc. Pour mojo criollo sauce inside the bag and seal it. Shake the bag to coat all the chicken breasts.
3. Put the bag in the fridge and leave it there for at least 3 hours.
4. When you’re ready to grill your chicken, take the plastic bag out of the fridge an hour before you grill it. While waiting for the meat to thaw, prepare your La Caja China.
5. Put the ash pan and charcoal grid in place. Put the charcoals on the grid and light them all up. After 20 minutes, they should be ready for grilling.
6. Sprinkle the garlic powder over the chicken breasts and then put each of them on the grill. Cook for about 5 to 7 minutes on each side, flipping only once.
7. Once cooked, move the meat over to the cooler side of the grill to let their juices flow back in. Serve with your favorite side dish!
We hope that you’ll love this grilled chicken with mojo criollo cubano sauce. Feel free to read our chicken drumstick recipes, chicken salad recipe, chicken kebab recipes and also our guide on chicken roasting times. And remember, to serve the tastiest grilled dishes, only use the best barbecue accessories and the best barbecue grill in town! Visit our website or call us at 1-800-338-1323 to get your La Caja China now!
Learn the secret to getting extra crispy skin for your pig roast! Watch our video now.