Pork chops are cuts taken from a pig in the area perpendicular to the spine. In most cases, they come with ribs or bones. These meat cuts are usually served individually and cooked on the grill. However, some people find these parts of the hog a little bit dry. That’s not true. Their final taste and texture depend on your cooking method; cooking duration and also the ingredients that you use. In fact, pork chops are easy to prepare and they jive well with a variety of flavors. Broil them; stew them; pan-dry them or grill them. Serve them sweet; serve them spicy or serve them just like your Momma’s barbecue! But since we’re here, we’d like to share a delicious grilled pork chops recipe with you!
What You Need:
- * 4 pork chops, about half an inch thick
- * Rub
- * Sauce
FOR THE RUB:
- * ½ teaspoon onion powder
- * 3 ½ tablespoons sugar
- * 1 cup paprika
FOR THE SAUCE:
- * 1 teaspoon corn syrup
- * ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- * 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- * ½ lemon, juiced
- * 1 ½ teaspoons paprika
- * 1 ½ teaspoons dry mustard powder
- * 1 ½ teaspoons onion powder
- * 1 ½ teaspoons black pepper, freshly ground
- * 5 tablespoons white sugar
- * 6 tablespoons brown sugar
- * 1 cup water
- * 2 cups ketchup
1. Create the rub. Mix the onion powder, sugar and paprika together. Set the mixture aside.
2. Create the sauce. Combine all the ingredients in a saucepan. Make sure it’s large enough to hold all the spices and flavors together. Boil the ingredients over high heat. Frequently stir the saucepan to avoid sticking. When it has come to a boil, reduce the temperature or lower the heat and let the mixture simmer. Don’t bother to put the lid on. Just let the sauce reduce for about 2 hours.
3. Once the sauce and the rub are ready, apply the rub on your pork chops first. Afterwards, put the meat inside a plastic bag or Ziploc. Pour two cups of the sauce that you made into the bag. Marinate the meat, making sure that all of the pieces are completely soaked in the sauce. Let them stay inside the fridge for 8 hours or more, depending on your preference.
4. When you’re ready to cook, prepare your La Caja China. Set up the grid and light up the coals. Grill your pork chops until the temperature reaches 160 degrees Fahrenheit. Brush some barbecue sauce again on your chops before serving. Voila! Enjoy!
Try this pork chops recipe and let us know what you think! If you are looking for other equally delicious dishes, check out our pulled pork, roasted pork shoulder and whole hog roast recipes! And to make sure that you’ll serve the most mouth-watering meals to your loved ones, don’t forget to use the best barbecue grill in town! Get your La Caja China now by visiting our website our calling us at 1-800-338-1323!
Discover the best spices and accessories for your barbecue parties! Watch our video!