People say that the ribeye is a man’s steak. While we agree that men love their steak lean, smooth and exceptionally tender, we would have to say that even ladies love this cut of meat. It’s specifically taken from the primal portion of the beef’s rib section. If you’ve heard the term “marbled” meat, that’s exactly what it is. If you’ll take a closer look at it, you’ll notice that it appears to have a marble-like pattern which is credited to the layers of fat that encircles the lean parts of the meat. When cooked, the fats melt and consequently baste the steak in its own fatty goodness. Now we don’t want you to drool and crave while reading our blog so we’ll get straight to our goal. Let us share with you this delicious ribeye roast recipe for your La Caja China!
* 10 ounces ribeye meat
* salt and pepper to taste
* 1 teaspoon rosemary, chopped
* 1 teaspoon sage, chopped
* 1 teaspoon parsley, chopped
* 1 teaspoon shallots, chopped
* 1 teaspoon black pepper, ground
* 1 teaspoon kosher salt
* 1 tablespoon garlic, roasted
* ½ pound softened unsalted butter
1. Create a mixture by first combining the softened unsalted butter with your roasted garlic. Add in your chopped herbs: rosemary, sage, parsley and shallots. Add the salt and pepper as well. Mix thoroughly.
2. Roll the mixture on a plastic wrap. It should measure about an inch, diameter wise. Refrigerate for two hours or more until the butter solidifies.
3. Once the butter is solid, get your meat and season them with salt and pepper.
4. Prepare your La Caja China. Place your meat on the rack, making sure that the fatty side is facing downwards. Position the rack inside the roasting box. Put on the ash pan and coal grid.
5. If you’re using model #1, light up 14 pounds of charcoal. If you’re using model #2, light up 16 pounds. Wait until the coals are all fired up. That should only take about 20 to 25 minutes.
6. When they’re all lit up, spread them evenly all over the grid. Take note of this moment as your cooking start time.
7. After an hour of cooking, open the roasting box and flip the ribeye meat over. Connect your wired thermometer at the center of the meat and then close the box again. Add 8 pounds of charcoal on the grid.
8. Continue adding 8 pounds of charcoal ever hour until the thermometer shows your desired temperature. When it is finally cooked to your preference, remove the ash pan and grid.
9. Let the meat cool down for a while before carving. Serve with butter on top of the steak.
We hope that you loved this ribeye roast recipe. Also read our equally delicious prime rib recipe as well as the famous Texas brisket cooking instructions. And remember, to get the best results, use the best barbecue grill in town! Don’t forget to utilize our barbecue accessories and mojo sauce, too! To order La Caja China products, simply visit our website or call us at 1-800-338-1323!
Want to know the secret to getting extra crispy skin for your pig roast? Watch our video!