Texas-style barbecuing is a popular way to prepare and cook meat not only in the US but also in other parts of the world. In the said state, meat is dry rubbed and then slow-cooked to perfection. They are also served with sauce that’s traditionally bold yet thinner as compared to other varieties. One fact that we cannot disregard is that you’ll also see notice Mexican influence in Texan recipes. Why? Well, it’s because they’re infused with a generous amount of hotness. Add on the hot peppers, cumin, chili powder and oh don’t forget the tomato base! So anyway, if you’d like to give your barbecue a Texan twist, here’s a traditional sauce recipe to guide you!
* 2 teaspoons chili powder
* 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
* 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
* 2 tablespoons tomato paste
* 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
* ¼ cup lemon juice
* 1 /4 cup packed brown sugar
* 1 cup ketchup
* 2 garlic cloves, minced
* 1 small onion, chopped
* 1 tablespoon butter
1. Get a large-sized saucepan. Turn on the stove; set it to medium fire then heat your butter. Add the chopped onion and let it cook. Stir the mixture for about 2 to 3 minutes or until the onion has caramelized.
2. Once done, add your minced garlic cloves. Cook for another minute. After a minute, add all the remaining sauce ingredients. When the mixture is already boiling, reduce the heat and let it simmer without the saucepan’s lid. Let the sauce reduce for 15 to 20 minutes for the ingredients to blend well.
3. This recipe makes about 1 ¾ cups of sauce and serves 12. Enjoy!
We hope that you’ll love this Texas barbecue sauce recipe we shared with you today! For a perfect Cuban barbecue, check out our mojo criollo recipe or get our trademark adobo sauce! And for mouth-watering barbecues, remember to use the best barbecue grill in town and our barbecue grills accessories, too! Visit our website or call us at 1-800-338-1323!
Learn some time-saving tips for your La Caja China barbecue grillers! Watch our video now!