Rubs should never be forgotten whenever you’re having a barbecue. These are incredibly delicious blends of herbs and spices that are not only alternatives to barbecue sauces but are also great flavor boosters, too. If you have been cooking briskets using the same seasoning or marinade, this is your lucky day. We’re sharing a couple of beef brisket rubs from celebrity chef Tyler Florence that you should definitely try at home!
* ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
* 4 sprigs rosemary, needles striped from the stem and then chopped
* ½ teaspoon kosher salt
* 4 garlic cloves, mashed
1. First mash the garlic cloves finely on a chopping board.
2. Combine the mashed garlic cloves with ½ teaspoon of kosher salt. Turn these into a paste.
3. Add the chopped rosemary and continue mashing.
4. When you’re done mashing the ingredients, transfer the paste into a bowl and add the two tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil. Stir the mixture thoroughly to distribute the flavors.
II. Northern California Rub
* 1 ancho chile
* 2 Anaheim chiles, dried
* 2 chipotle chiles, dried
* 1 tablespoon coriander seeds
* 2 tablespoons fennel seeds
* 6 black peppercorns
* ¼ cup brown sugar
* ¼ cup garlic powder
* ¾ cup smoked paprika
* 3 tablespoons kosher salt
1. Heat a large, dry skillet over medium high heat. Toast the ancho chile, Anaheim chiles, chipotle chiles, peppercorns, coriander seeds and fennel seeds until they are fragrant. This should probably take about two minutes.
2. Once you’re done toasting the ingredients, transfer them to a spice grinder or a processor and run them until you come up with a fine powder.
3. Get a large mixing bowl and combine the brown sugar, garlic powder, smoked paprika and kosher salt with the mixture that you made. Stir thoroughly to distribute the flavors.
We hope that you’ll love these Tyler Florence beef brisket rub recipes we shared with you today. Check out our blog page to get cooking frozen brisket; the ultimate Texas brisket recipe and also other bbq recipes that will make your backyard parties more memorable. And remember, to serve the most delightful grilled dishes, only use the best barbecue grill in town. Visit our website or call us at 1-800-338-1323 to order your La Caja China!
Want to get a 10% discount on your La Caja China purchase? Watch this video to find out how.